Wednesday, December 9, 2009

critique

As a transfer student I was nervous to start my first semester at NYU. Being a communications major I have taken other media classes at my previous college, but I must say that this is the first class I have really enjoyed when it comes to analyzing media. I mean who get's to say that my assignment is to write a paper about a TV show. It's pretty nice.
I really like the topics that we covered throughout the year. I felt like some of them got a little repetitive, such as always talking about blacks and whites. There was some including of other races, but a lot of it was centered around blacks and whites. I really like our textbook. I think it's really current and very easy to understand. Also, I really liked our conversations about daily media news that was happening throughout the semester ...aka LADY GAGA :) I liked posting on the blog. I thought it's a really nice way to interact with the media as well as our class and is greatly reflective of what we were learning in class. I also liked the films that we saw in class, although some of the older ones were a little boring. Many of the readings were interesting. Some were too long, but you get those in every class. I really feel that the techniques that I've learned about media criticism will truly be utilized in my later career.
Thanks Alice for a great class!!

1 comment:

  1. Gambling at Foxwoods | Mapyro
    Gambling at Foxwoods 삼척 출장샵 is one of 공주 출장안마 the 나주 출장안마 premier destinations in the US for gambling. Find great rates and the 경기도 출장샵 best promotions. Find your 광주광역 출장마사지 favorite games

    ReplyDelete